Your job is not a God’s punishment, do not let it define your life

I remember before I was a jobless and applied for job to make money, at first, all I want is just a job for me to make money and buy things I want, Then I got job and later when I feel tired sometimes I usually complain to my salary, ‘does a minimum pay is enough for me to do this work?’ so it makes me lazy and not doing work properly. But thanks God for he gave me the wisdom to love my job.


Is your job is solely for the purpose of 'putting bread on the table'?.

That is a very common belief system. Usually when someone says that, what they are also saying is, "l don't like what I'm doing but it pays the bills and I'm going to do 'something real' later in life." That 'something real' probably refers to God's call to ministry. The book of Proverbs has a very harsh response to this. It says, you are, in a sense, prostituting your labor.

 Consider these words from the Book of Proverbs:
Proverbs 6:26
For by means of a harlot a man is reduced to a crust of bread; and an adulteress will prey upon his precious life.

To the harlot, her work is only a 'loaf of bread,' or in today's language, a 'meal ticket.' The intimate, physical relationship between a man and his wife should be a beautiful thing. The prostitute, however, does not regard her 'work' in this light; it is simply a way of 'putting bread on the table.'

There is a great deal of confusion regarding the relationship of a Christian's priorities to the expenditure of his or her time. Most Christians believe that their priorities should fall in this order: God, family, church, and, last of all, employment. If employment is one's lowest priority and yet consumes most of a person's waking energies, is this not unspiritual? No wonder the many hours one spends in secular employment is often viewed as wasted time. No wonder people hate Monday mornings.

Your job is not God's punishment. Your job is not even for getting money. Your job is a door for you to release your purpose and potential. I understand the job is not the calling, but the job is an instrument that helps you carry out your calling. A mechanic may have tools that help him change a set of spark plugs but if those tools break or get stolen, he gets another set so he can get back to work. So do not look at the job and let it define your life. Look at the purpose of God and see your job or business as an outlet for you to release the deposit of God. When you say I am starting a business to make money, then your priority is wrong. Money is not the purpose of business. Money is the fruit of it. The purpose of business is to release God's purpose and potential in your life. It would entail meeting the needs of people through the invention of ideas, concepts, strategies, products, goods, and services; those things that God has put in your life to bless people and glorify Him.

Now that I loved my job, I just add a note in front of my computer for me to inspire everyday it says;
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men. Col. 3:23 and until now that I’m typing I still reading it, I hope this post will inspire you to love your job and may the good Lord bless you. So lets thank God for the next Monday. God Bless


Please comment below your opinion and tell us what you think.
Your job is not a God’s punishment, do not let it define your life Your job is not a God’s punishment, do not let it define your life Reviewed by Pilot Vir on 1/10/2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.